Your honeymoon is one of the most memorable trips you’ll ever take. It’s your time to disconnect from the rest of the world and concentrate only on each other...the hard part can be deciding where to go! Here are some simple tips to help you make the right choice:
- Sit down with your fiancé and set a budget. Don’t forget that unless you’re going to consider an all-inclusive resort, you’ll need to allocate funds towards food and/or drinks.
- Determine how long of a honeymoon you can realistically take. Review how many vacation days you have and after planning time with your fiancé, speak with your manager about your plans. It is important you give your employer as much advanced notice as possible.
- Think about what type of a trip you’d like to take, and make sure it’s a destination you’re both interested in.
- Once you’ve selected your destination, think about what you’d like to do there. Are there any tours you’d like to experience? Your travel agent can help with suggestions and book these for you in advance.
- If you’re not considering an all-inclusive resort, do some research on the best restaurants in the area and make reservations before departing for your trip.
Remember: you only get one honeymoon, so make it count and enjoy the first few days of wedded bliss with your husband/wife!